Wednesday 25 March 2009

My last draft

After the manic intensity of the auction draft, I was absolutely determined on this one to do a bog standard draft, with a hitting bias.

This league is a three division affair, but a couple of last years players dropped out of div 2, so I got a place straight into div 2, and wanted to make sure I at least have a fairly stable year in this one, especially since it was a 14 team 5x5 league, which I wasn't sure about re tactics for drafting.

Miguel Cabrera
Prince Fielder
Vlad Guerrerro
Shane Victorino
Nate McClouth
were the core of my batting, I also picked up
Milton Bradley
Nelson Cruz
Howie Kendrick
So well covered for pop, ave, but a bit thin on steals
Clint Barmes utility, for 3 position cover and steals, and Justin Upton for possible breakout year, left two weak positions, Saltalamacchia for catcher, and Khalil Greene at SS, Greene could easily have a recovery year, Salty we'll see, it's possible too

But offensively not too bad, except for steals

On the pitching front,
SP
Daisuke,
David Price
Matt Garza
Ubaldo Jimenez
RP
Joakim Soria
Joel Hanrahan
Frank Francisco

and Grant Balfour and Dan Wheeler as relievers

Again not too displeased, especially for a 14 team league.
Could be tricky if Price doesn't get called up til May, a distinct possibility, but I might use either of Wheeler or Balfour, for pitch and ditch, or maybe not ditch if I pick up someone useful, or one of my outfielders for a trade if they start hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment