Thursday 19 February 2009

Intro

Robert Motherwell, Elegy to the Spanish Republ...Image via Wikipedia

Anyways, well overdue starting a blog.
But
then what to call it?

Needed some way of incorporating my nearly 20 year love affair with brit sub-bass breakbeat and chill-out music, my new religion baseball, and zen inspired abstract art a la Robert Motherwell
Thought about a play on Black Mountain, Motherwell had a great time playing baseball there in the 50's, gets mentioned
here in an interview with Motherwell.

Considering my age, thought of "Top of the 7th" ;) I'm coming up to 57, but then I've only been into baseball seriously for two years, including playing, and who knows when the game's gonna finish, and anyways ways too corny, then was looking for a play on bass and base, but couldn't come up with anything. So settling for this at the mo, naranja because I've always, right back to being a nipper, loved orange as a colour, so did Motherwell, and doing it in spanish hinted at his Spanish Elegies, the pic above is from that series of his. So if anyone can come up with something a bit cool, it would be more than appreciated.

I still might run with an idea I had last year, "The Baseball Virgin" :)

Now those were the main themes I wanted to post on, but I'm sure as hell I'll be touching on my classy mates, magic thinking (sadly still way too much hippy in me), I was pretty much a raj yoga monk for 20 years with cult connections, and lots of other tangential topics.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment